Have you ever watched a shopping channel on TV where the featured guest that represented the products were called brand ambassadors?
It seems like more companies are using this term to describe certain members of their marketing team.
The title "Brand Ambassador" was first coined in 1983, which is when the job's responsibilities were also defined.
Brand ambassadors are a crucial part of any company's marketing strategy. They're the face of the brand, and it's their responsibility to represent it authentically. It doesn't matter what industry you work in or have knowledge of - there will always be a need for someone with your skillset.
Fast-forward to the present day, and you'll notice that people around the globe have expanded the definition through their roles and responsibilities with brands they love.
This is especially true with the emergence of social media and its influence on marketing strategies as a whole.
There are different types of brand ambassadors, including corporate and independent.
In this guide, I will focus on the basics of how to become an independent brand ambassador using a simple review blog, which could be a lot more profitable.
Let's jump in...
What Is A Brand Ambassador?
Before we take a deep dive, I’m going to define exactly what a brand ambassador is.
A brand ambassador is a person who loves the brands they represent, and will shout it from the highest mountain top because they want to share it with as many people as humanly possible.
Companies are starting to realize that this form of marketing is cheaper and more effective than traditional advertising.
The messaging has a more personal feel to it because brand ambassadors are not just paid spokespeople; they usually have an emotional connection to the product or service as well.
Benefits of Becoming a Brand Ambassador
- You can work from home or anywhere you want!
- You can give yourself a pay raise when you want!
- You can work as little or as much as you want!
- You can make as much money as you want!
- You can have all the free time you want!
- You can take vacations when you want!
- You don’t have to sit at a computer all day!
Being a brand ambassador gives you total flexibility and control over your autonomy.
It can provide you with financial freedom, time freedom, and geographic location freedom.
What Does A Brand Ambassador Do?
A Brand Ambassador's duties vary depending on the company being represented. Some brands will ask their ambassadors to educate consumers about a product or service, while others might have them interact with potential customers and answer questions.
This approach really adds a personal touch, which consumers absolutely love and makes them feel even more connected to the brand.
Many people are shocked to find out that there is no set job description for a brand ambassador.
The type of tasks that need to be completed in order to get paid will depend on the brand.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Talking about the brand in a positive way
- Writing blog posts
- Doing product reviews
- Spreading brand awareness online
- Providing feedback on new products
- Promoting the brand on social media
- Creating video demos of the products
The good news is that becoming a brand ambassador doesn’t require you to get a college degree, especially if you plan on going the independent route.
The average level of education for a brand ambassador is a high school diploma.
However, there are some brands that will often hire brand ambassadors who are currently pursuing a degree if you go the corporate route by becoming an employee of the company.
Students in college tend to be a perfect fit for many corporate brand ambassador programs because they are able to spend a lot of time talking about brands on Social Media, while also completing their degree.
But that’s not what this quick start guide is about.
How Much Money Do Brand Ambassadors Make
There is no set salary for a brand ambassador. Depending on the brand, there can be many different factors that will determine how much you get paid.
According to popular sites like Glassdoor, Indeed, and Payscale that track salary data, the national average salary for a brand ambassador ranges from about $20,000 a year to up to $458,000 a year, with the standard salary being somewhere in the $50,000 - $75,000 range.
In the end, how much money you make will ultimately depend upon what strategy you consistently apply to being a brand ambassador.
No one can ethically promise how much money you’ll make.
And there’s no such thing as getting rich quickly because your journey will be a process where you make mistakes and fail forward if you have the courage to continue on the path to success.
How Do You Become a Brand Ambassador?
That’s the million-dollar question everyone wants to know the answer to.
Keep in mind that there are multiple ways to become a brand ambassador.
Instead of complicating the process, I will provide you with a simple framework that focuses on creating a review blog, which you could build upon in 6 steps.
STEP 1: Decide what niche market you’d like to promote products in.
Quick Research Method 1: Amazon Best Sellers
a)) Go to the Amazon Best Sellers Main Page
b)) Browse through the categories that interest you the most
Example: Health & Household >> Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements
c)) As you scroll through the products you’ll notice all the five-star reviews
d)) Create a document and take notes on each category you research
Tip: Jot down details such as Product Type, Average Number of Reviews, Price Points, etc.
Quick Research Method 2: Browse Popular Product Review Sites
Example: https://bestreviews.com | Example: https://www.bestreviews.guide
Spend some time looking at what products the popular product review sites list on their websites in the categories that interest you the most.
Pro Tip: I highly recommend picking products that you’re passionate about because your reviews will come off authentic to consumers, which will automatically build trust.
Do not copy content from any of the review sites you research. Instead, use them to get ideas on what type of products you should promote as a brand ambassador and the way they structure their product reviews. When possible, make a better version than your competitors.
Pro Tip: To make your life easier, I recommend going into a broad niche versus trying to promote every product under the sun.
For example; you shouldn’t build a site like BestReviews.com that covers multiple product categories. Instead, narrow your focus down to something like Appliances, Cameras, or Electronics.
A wise marketer once said, “Market To All Folks If You Want To Go Broke” or “Market To A Niche And Get Rich.”
Niching down makes it easier to become an authority, and manage.
STEP 2: Purchase a Domain Name
At this point, you should’ve already chosen a broad niche market to focus on, such as vitamins and supplements.
Now that you know what type of products you’d like to write reviews on, it’s time to purchase a domain name that relates to this niche market.
Tip: Brainstorm a list of potential domain names you’d like to purchase.
a)) Simply go to a domain registrar such as Godaddy
b)) Enter the domain names to see if they’re available.
c)) Register the name that you like the best
NOTE: You could also browse the list of suggested domain names that appear at the bottom of each search to get ideas from or even purchase.
Think of your domain name as the address of your new piece of shiny digital real estate.
Let’s keep it moving…
STEP 3: Build a Review Blog
So far you’ve determined what broad niche you’d like to review products in and have purchased a domain name.
The next step is to create your blog so that your product reviews will have a home.
Your blog is your own unique piece of digital real estate where you could invite hundreds or even thousands of people to read your product reviews to help them get educated so that they could make informed decisions.
When it comes to blogging platforms, Ghost.org and WordPress are two of the easiest content management systems.
If you decide to go with WordPress, I recommend hosting your review blog on your own dedicated or shared server by going through a hosting company.
I personally like Ghost.org because, unlike WordPress, you don't have to worry about purchasing additional plugins, which the developers sometimes stop updating, which can pose security risks to your blog.
Don't get me wrong, WordPress is still an awesome blogging platform.
Here Are A Few Of The Ghost.org Features
- Loads Your Site Extremely Fast
- Reliable and Secure
- Hundreds of Blog Themes
- Modern Technology
- Open Source Code
- Can use Your Own Custom Domain Name
- Total Control Over Site Design
- SEO Built-in
- Membership Features Built-in
- Built-in Newsletter Features
- Easily Integrates With Hundreds Of Third-Party Apps
- Native Analytics
- And much more
Don’t get overwhelmed because you could always outsource this process for a very small fee by using services such as Fiverr.com.
Simply go to a service like Fiverr.com and enter keywords such as “WordPress setup” or "ghost blog setup" and then search.
Look for outsourcers that have a lot of positive reviews with 4 and 5-star ratings and then make a short list of potential service providers.
After signing up for a free Fiverr.com account, begin contacting each of those providers to see who you can get the best deal from and what the turnaround time will be.
This service provider will build your review blog on whatever blogging platform you choose.
Tip: Be certain to change your blog’s admin password after the service provider has completed the setup process for security reasons. Test your blog by clicking on links and make sure you like the design elements before approving the work.
Now that your blog is completed, it’s time to fill it with great product reviews.
STEP 4: Add Product Reviews To Your Blog
Populating your shiny new review blog with great content is where the rubber meets the road.
Before creating your reviews you must determine how many products you will include in each one.
For example; let’s say that you plan on creating a review on probiotic supplements. Establish ahead of time that you’re going to write about 5 different products per review post. You would then create a blog title such as “The 5 Best Probiotic Supplements.” After you’ve decided on how many products you will review per post, stick with that number.
Earlier, I provided you with two popular review sites in STEP 1, on which you could model your own product reviews after.
Don’t compliment this process.
You are simply going to write a product review blog post on the top type of products that consumers are already buying and raving about.
Tip: After you’ve settled on a format for your review blog posts, create a template and save it as a draft in whatever blogging platform you’re using. This will ensure a consistent look and convey a high level of professionalism that your site visitors will begin to trust.
Focus on making your content high quality and useful to consumers, because the whole point is to help them make informed decisions based upon the education they get from your product reviews.
Your first order of business is to always put the needs of your site visitors first and a byproduct is all the money you could potentially make after they purchase the products you review.
You’re doing great because now your shiny new review blog is filled with great content, it’s time to expand your digital footprint, which is what I will cover next.
STEP 5: Create Branded Social Media Profiles
Think of your review blog as a HUB that sits in the middle like on a bicycle rim and each spoke connects to a Social Media Profile.
Building your review blog is the most important component.
However, without pathways that connect it to the rest of the Internet world, it’s nothing more than a digital island that no one knows about.
Sure, your reviews if written correctly using the right keywords will eventually get ranked in the search engines like Google, but this may take a while depending on the competition.
While you’re waiting for your review pages to get indexed and moved up in the ranks, creating social media profiles is a great way to get visitors to your review blog.
You can get traffic with social media by posting content, leaving comments, following other accounts, and running Ads (a.k.a Investment Traffic).
This gives you plenty of options.
First, decide on which social media platforms you’d like to create content and engage on.
Then take a few minutes to create your profiles.
- YouTube Channel: [yourbrandname]
Tip: Create or outsource the creation of customized Header and Profile Icon Graphics for each of your social media profiles. This will add a high level of professionalism, which your visitors will most likely trust.
You could create your own graphics using a service such as Canva.com or use Fiverr.com to outsource the work.
One of the keys to getting a consistent stream of targeted visitors funneled to your review blog from your social media profiles is to be consistent with posting content and engaging with others on those networks.
Okay, now you’ve set up your social media profiles, let’s talk about other ways to get targeted visitors to your review blog.
STEP 6: Drive Traffic to Your Product Reviews
Website traffic is the lifeblood of your review blog and without it; your piece of digital real estate will sit on an isolated island that no one knows about.
Let me tell you upfront, there’s no such thing as free traffic.
You either pay for it by running paid ads or by creating content using sweat equity or by paying someone to create it for you.
Sweaty equity means that you are spending your time, which is valuable because it’s the most precious expiring resource you have.
Either way, a price is being paid, whether tangible or intangible.
The great news is that if you create high-quality content using keywords a lot of people are searching for, you’ll eventually get organic traffic from search engines such as Google.
Paid traffic allows you to get targeted visitors to your review blog without waiting months for your content to rank in the search engines.
I just wanted to make you aware that there’s no such thing as free traffic.
When it comes to paid traffic methods, there are an almost infinite number of methods.
Here’s a partial list…
Pay Per Click Traffic - You buy visitors on a cost-per-click basis.
- Google Ads - http://adwords.google.com
- YouTube Ads - https://ads.google.com/home/campaigns/video-ads
- Bing Ads - https://bingads.microsoft.com
- Facebook Ads - https://www.facebook.com/business
- Pinterest Ads - https://ads.pinterest.com
- Quora Ads - https://q.quoraforbusiness.com/business
- Linked Ads - https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/ads
- Chitika Ads - https://www.chitika.com
Pay Per View Traffic - You bid on impressions and pay when visitors see your ads.
- Propel Media - http://www.propelmedia.com
- Rapsio - http://www.rapsio.com
- RTX Platform - http://www.rtxplatform.com
Native Ads Traffic - Your ads appear alongside content on various websites.
- RevContent - http://www.revcontent.com
- Outbrain - http://www.outbrain.com
- ContentAd - https://www.content.ad
- Taboola - http://www.taboola.com
- NativeAds - https://www.nativeads.com
This is not an all-inclusive list of the paid traffic sources that are available to you online.
I wanted to make you aware of the plethora of options available.
Don’t look at this list and get overwhelmed because there’s not a single person on this planet that has mastered every traffic method.
I recommend researching various traffic generation methods and then creating a shortlist of those that resonate with you.
Pick one method you’d like to master, then find an expert that specializes in that traffic method, and invest in that course. This approach will drastically shorten your learning curve.
Learn that method inside and out, and implement it in the real world to get targeted traffic to your review blog.
And only then should you entertain learning another paid traffic method.
If you attempt to apply multiple traffic methods all at once, you could potentially lose a lot of money in the process, not to mention become overwhelmed by all the moving parts.
Have you heard the old saying, “Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None?”
So, pick one traffic method and get good at it.
Remember, traffic is the lifeblood of your brand ambassador review blog, and without enough of it, the chances of your review blog becoming profitable will be slim to none.
For the remainder of this quick start guide, I will share a few tips on how to achieve more success as a brand ambassador.
Some of the tips will overlap with what we’ve already covered, which reinforces the points I made.
Are you ready, let’s go?
How to Differentiate Yourself from the Competition?
It's no secret that social media is a fantastic marketing tool for brand ambassadors. So, what can you do to make the most of it and stand out from the crowd? You could share beautiful images, but what if you want your postings to be different from all of the other brands that show up on people's feeds and timelines?
Here's a short list of what you can do...
- Create content that is relevant, interesting, and shareworthy to the brand's targeted audience. You can do this by being an active member of related social media groups and participating in conversations going on using specific hashtags and talking about your own experiences with the brand. You just need to join in on existing discussions in the niche markets you write product reviews on. Remember, social media is all about being social.
- Write personal reviews on products that you have firsthand experience with. No one wants to buy something they can't try out first, so why not post your own thoughts about the products you love? Sharing is caring, right?
- Ask and answer questions! Why? Because questions are the best way to get responses and create discussions. It's an opportunity for others to openly share their opinions about what they like and don’t like. You’ll also discover their problems and changes. This is especially helpful when there isn't much information already out there. When you find out what problems people are spending money on solutions for, those are the products you need to write reviews on.
- Find fun videos about the brand on platforms such as TikTok and YouTube, and then share them on other platforms where people may not have seen them to spark up conversations. Then, insert your referral link in the comments for that product.
Tip: Be certain to read the Terms of Service Agreement for each platform before posting affiliate links to confirm whether or not it’s allowed. This will ensure you don’t violate their policies and get your account banned. As of this writing, YouTube doesn’t seem to mind users putting affiliate links in their video descriptions.
- Link to the brand's website from your bio, pictures, and captions on social media. This way you can help potential customers find their favorite products as well as provide them with an easy-to-remember link for future reference. It also lets people know where they can go if they want more information about a product. The goal is to become the go-to source for the brands that you promote as an ambassador, which makes you the authority.
How to Build an Audience
The difference between a brand ambassador that is making $1,000,000 a year and one that is making $0 is the size of their audience. If you're just getting started, you probably don't have an audience of people that will buy what you recommend. That's ok! We all start at zero.
Remember, the foundation of being a successful brand ambassador is building your review blog and filling it with high-quality content.
That alone will elevate your site to a level of authority, even if you’re a beginner.
Don’t underestimate the power of establishing a well put together review blog, especially in a narrow broad niche.
Here's what to do...
- Jump on the most popular social media platforms! Do you realize that using social media is one of the best ways to grow your audience? Why? Because whatever you post on one can be copied and pasted to the others in most cases, usually with a minor tweak in the size of each image so that it displays properly on each platform. There are usually no size issues when sharing videos.
- Find where your perfect customer is hanging out and go hang out with them! I know this sound like common sense, but there are a lot of content creators that oftentimes forget this simple principle. For instance; if you see a ton of Facebook and Linkedin groups full of people that are talking about the type of brands you represent, then join the groups and get to know the members by engaging in the conversations. A word of wisdom, please DO NOT spam any groups you join because most of them have zero tolerance for that behavior. Go to each group to give and then slowly share what you have to offer as a solution provider.
- Consistency is key when it comes to growing your audience on social media. Get out there publicly and consistently be in front of the people you would like to have in your audience. You can create video content, go on Clubhouse, put pictures of your personal and business life on Instagram, tweet daily, and TikTok it up. Do what you need to do in order to build a following of people who will begin to know, like, and trust you.
- When you are constantly publishing content, always remember that you are looking to hit singles. When you try to hit a home run with a piece of content, it will cause unnecessary anxiety and expectations. Perfectionism can cause you to because paralyzed and not take action. You are better off just creating a ton of content and putting yourself out there without being too tied to anything. Perfect action will get you further in life than inaction caused by perfectionism. You will get better along your journey as a brand ambassador.
- Once you achieve consistency on one platform, start thinking about how you can add others into the mix. That’s why it’s best to master one platform at a time. This approach also keeps you from becoming overwhelmed.
- The game of consistency will always stack on itself. Think of consistency like geometry, where one plus one doesn’t equal two. It sounds boring, but worthwhile goals require the same kind of boring grind in order to be achieved.
- Quick results often fade with the same speed, but a slow grind produces lasting results. Remember, the place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.
- Keep pushing and don't expect results quickly, because there’s no such thing as getting rich quickly. You have to go through specific processes and make your mistakes. If you put in the work, you will continue to see positive results over time.
How to Build Lasting Success
- When you begin your journey as a brand ambassador, you’ll probably want to see financial results as soon as possible. One of the worst mistakes you can make is to compare your progress with someone else’s who may be further along in their journey. This person may already be successful. Try your best not to get frustrated, which can lead to giving up, and even cause jealousy and envy. Remember, your success will be the result of working on your business at least 3 to 5 days per week, for a couple of hours on each of those days. If building a profitable business was easy, everyone would be doing it.
- Brand ambassadors that stick with the process usually continue to see more and more money flowing into their bank accounts.
- We often overestimate what can be done in a year but, underestimate what can be done in a decade. Life is going to go by no matter what, so why not jump on a proven path such as becoming a brand ambassador that can lead to financial success?
- Don’t fall into the trap of setting lofty goals for a 12-month period of time that may be impossible to achieve, which can set you up for failure and cause you to quit altogether. Instead, set realistic achievable goals for a 3 to 5-year timeline. Of course, you’ll be accomplishing goals along the way.
- The best time frame for setting achievable goals and creating momentum simultaneously is 3 months or 90 days. Three months is just enough time to provide you with a Start and End date, much like a project. This will motivate you to give your all when compared to a goal that is years down the road because it feels like you’re never going to get there. Goals that you’d like to achieve 3 to 5 years from now should be broken down into 3-month runs. Give this approach an honest try and watch how much more progress you’ll make.
- If you try to get rich quick, you may see some results temporarily, but you will end up taking shortcuts that can lead you down a slippery slope to crashing and burning. This short-term thinking will negatively affect you in the long run. For example; don’t buy Likes and Followers for your social media profiles, because this goes against all platforms’ terms of service and is deceptive in nature. Not to mention, get your accounts banned. The key is to build your brand ambassador business the right way, above the board.
- Never lose sight of the fact that success takes time to achieve. The moment you understand this simple principle, the less stress and anxiety you’ll have because your brain will understand that becoming a successful brand ambassador will not happen overnight. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule.
Let’s close out this guide…
Congratulations for making it through the How To Become A Brand Ambassador Quick Start Guide!
You discovered what a brand ambassador is and a few of the benefits of becoming one.
I broke down in a nutshell what brand ambassadors do including some examples of the responsibilities that need to be completed in order to get paid.
We also covered the skills required to go into this lucrative field.
I even provided salary data given by sites like Glassdoor, Indeed, and Payscale to give you ideas of how much money brand ambassadors are making talking about products they love.
I laid out a simple 6-step framework on how to create a review blog for those who are interested in how to become a brand ambassador.
Then I shared a few tips on how to achieve more success.
The 6-step framework on how to create a review blog, on which you can expand, is solid information.
However, would you like to get your hands on a step-by-step blueprint that includes the following?
Start Your Ambassador Business With Our Simple Step-By-Step Certification Program
Scale Your Ambassador Business With Our Weekly Live Group Coaching Zoom Parties
Get 24/7 Help And Support With Absolutely Anything You Need To Succeed As An Ambassador
You have the choice of trying to figure everything out on your own or you could follow a proven blueprint that can shorten the learning curb and help you avoid years of trial and error, not to mention save you a fortune in making totally avoidable mistakes.
If you're getting started as a brand ambassador, you're in the right place at the perfect time.
Everything you need to create the life you've always wanted is all here for you inside of this exclusive community.
You are only a click away.
If interested in learning more about this exclusive online community that was built for brand ambassadors, stop everything that you’re doing and watch this awesome training by clicking the button below.